Jody Crawforth (Hargroves Cycles) sealed the 2010/11 National Trophy cyclo-cross series after placing sedon in the final round in Rutland Water on Sunday.
The wind-swept round was won by Belgian visitor Kenneth van Compernolle who held off Crawforth to take the victory.
Newly-crowned British national cyclo-cross champion Paul Oldham (Hope Factory Racing) rounded off the podium positions in third.
Beind the lead trio, a fight for the lower placing ensued with ‘cross stalwart Nick Craig (Scott) taking the upper hand to finish fourth.
After going into the round separated by just one point in the overall series standings, Crawforth distanced Oldham by five points with Craig third overall.
National Trophy, round six: Rutland Water
1. Kenneth van Compernolle (Belgium) in 1-01-28
2. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves Cycles) at 35secs
3. Paul Oldham (Hope Factory Racing) at 1-00
4. Nick Craig (Team Scott UK) at 1-38
5. David Fletcher (Boardman) at 1-40
6. Kenta Gallagher (Team Scott UK) at 1-43
7. Luke Gray (Hargroves Cycles) at 1-50
8. Stuart Bowers (Hargroves Cycles) at 2-35
9. Rob Jebb (Wheelbase) at 2-52
10. Tom Last (Sigma Sport-Specialized) at 3-02
Final series standings: Senior men
1. Jody Crawforth (Hargroves Cycles) 245 points
2. Paul Oldham (Hope Factory Racing) 240
3. Nick Craig (Team Scott UK) 140
4. Rob Jebb (Wheelbase) 125
5. Liam Killeen (Giant) 112
Hannah Payton (Stourbridge CC)
Alistair Slater (Hargroves Cycles)
Ben Roach (Cult Racing)
Darren Atkins (Team Jewson)
Veteran 50+ men
Steven Davies (Team Jewson)
Jake Womersley (Sowerby Brothers)
Alice Barnes (Palmer Park velo)
Arthur Green (Matlock CC)
Charlotte Broughton (Leicestershire CC)
Jody Crawforth took the 2010/11 series win
Riders take a tumble
Round winner Kenneth van Compernolle
Hannah Payton, women’s series winner