Manx Missile Mark Cavendish takes first victory of the year as team-mate Michal Kwiatkowski wins overall
Mark Cavendish (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) secured his first win of the season, taking the victory on the final stage of the 2014 Tour of the Algarve on Sunday.
Cavendish took the bunch sprint ahead of French duo Arnaud Demare (FDJ) and Bryan Coquard (Europcar).
It was a double celebration for Omega Pharma-QuickStep after Michal Kwiatkowski also topped the general classification.
Kwiatkowski finished the race 19 seconds ahead of Alberto Contador (Tinkoff-Saxo) and 32 seconds ahead of world champion Rui Costa (Lampre-Merida) in third.
Tour of the Algarve 2014, stage five: Tavira to Vilamoura, 155.8km
1. Mark Cavendish (GBr) Omega Pharma-QuickStep in 3-24-10
2. Arnaud Demare (Fra) FDJ
3. Bryan Coquard (Fra) Europcar
4. Jose Rojas (Spa) Movistar
5. Sacha Modolo (Ita) Lampre-Merida
6. Alexey Tsatevitch (Rus) Katusha
7. Danilo Napolitano (Ita) Wanty-Groupe Gobert
8. Igor Boev (Rus) Rusvelo
9. Thomas Leezer (Ned) Belkin
10. Yoann Offredo (Fra) FDJ all same time
Final overall classification
1. Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-QuickStep in 16-29-57
2. Alberto Contador (Spa) Tinkoff-Saxo at 19 secs
3. Rui Costa (Por) Lampre-Merida at 32 secs
4. Alexandre Geniez (Fra) FDJ at 1-13
5. Wilco Kelderman (Ned) Belkin at 1-32
Michal Kwiatkowski retains overall lead after placing third behind Alberto Contador on mountain stage
Michal Kwiatkowski thrashed Adriano Malori and time trial world champion Tony Martin in a race against the clock to win More…
Omega Pharma-Quick Step rider Michal Kwiatkowski holds off the charging Alberto Contador and world champion Rui Costa after bold attack
Lampre-Merida sprinter Sacha Modolo wins opening stage of the 2014 Volta ao Algarve