The world and his wife took to Twitter to talk about Sir Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish winning gold in the Madison at the World Championships - here is a collection of the best tweets
We’re not short of tweets to choose from on this subject – it seems like the entire cycling world took to Twitter to exclaim their shock and delight at Sir Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish winning gold in the Madison at the UCI Track Cycling World Championships.
It was an incredible spectacle, Wiggo and Cav bombing it around the track and flinging each other around a bit, eventually gaining the all-important lap in the closing moments.
Here is a collection of the best tweets on the subject.
1. British Cycling only needed one word to describe the pair, and the picture wasn’t a bad one either.
2. Sir Chris Hoy had one of the best seats in the house from his BBC commentary box.
3. Track sprinter Philip Hindes may have missed out on a medal, but he was still around to cheer on his teammates.
4. This video shows the delight experienced by Wiggins and Cavendish as they crossed the line.
5. Track cycling isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but this race should have gone some way to changing people’s opinions.
6. Cavendish’s team manager at Dimension Data was lost for words.
7. Tao Geoghegan Hart has had a bit of inspiration throughout his youth in the form of Wiggo and Cav.
8. It may have been one of the most exciting races of the World Championships, but you won’t be seeing Wiggo and Cav doing it at the Olympics.
9. Dean Downing is another one who wants to see the Madison as an Olympic discipline.