BRITAIN'S LIKELY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP LINE-UP
Who will race for Great Britain at next week’s World Track Championships in Manchester?
Although several riders have been nominated for many of the events in order to cover all possible eventualities, such as illness or injury, there are options preferred by the British Cycling management team.
As it stands with a week to go until the championships get underway, this is how Cycling Weekly understands Great Britain will line-up for each of the events.
For more details and an assessment of Britain’s gold medal hopes in each event, see Thursday’s Cycling Weekly.
|RACING FOR TEAM GB|
• Women’s 500m time trial (2)
• Men’s individual pursuit (2)
• Men’s scratch race (1)
• Men’s team sprint (1 team of three)
• Men’s team pursuit (1 team of four, six riders can be nominated)
Qualifying Ed Clancy, Geraint Thomas, Paul Manning plus either Steve Cummings or Steven Burke
In the final, should GB qualify Bradley Wiggins is likely to step in to join Clancy, Thomas and Manning
• Women’s individual pursuit (2)
• Women’s team sprint (1 team of two)
• Men’s points race (1)
• Men’s sprint (3)
• Women’s team pursuit (1 team of three)
• Men’s Madison (1 team of two)
• Men’s Keirin (3)
Matt Crampton or Jason Kenny
• Women’s points race (1)
• Women’s sprint (3)
• Men’s Omnium (1)
• Men’s kilometre time trial (2)
• Women’s scratch race (1)
• Women’s Keirin (3)
CW’s Dummies’ Guide to Track Cycling