Arndt wins Giro stage as Pooley loses pink jersey
Today's stage winner, Judith Arndt
Judith Arndt of the Columbia team today won the sixth stage of the Giro Donne from Cerro a Volturno to S. Elena Sannita, with Claudia Hausler of the Cervélo taking over the race lead.
Arndt, a former world road race champion, escaped with Hausler of the Cervélo team to take the stage win.
Emma Pooley, erstwhile wearer of the pink leader's jersey, was eighth on the stage, which included two first category climbs.
At the start of today's proceedings, Pooley commanded an advantage of 1-11 over Hausler, but the Briton lost 5-44 to Arndt and Hausler today and has now slipped to fifth on general classification, 4-39 in arrears of Hausler.
Whilst it may have been disappointment for Pooley, Lizzie Armitstead was 18th on today's stage retaining her 17th position overall and the young riders' jersey.
Stage six results:
1. Judith Arndt (Columbia) 3-26-20
2. Claudia Hausler (Cervélo) s.t.
3. Nicole Brandli (Bigla) at 3 secs
8. Emma Pooley (Cervélo) at 5-44
18. Lizzie Armitstead (Lotto Belisol) at 14-37
1. Claudia Hausler (Cervélo) 15-50-43
2. Judith Arndt (Columbia at 12 secs
3. Mara Abbott (Columbia) at 38 secs
5. Emma Pooley (Cervélo) at 4-39
17. Lizzie Armitstead (Lotto Belisol) at 23-12
Pooley pretty in pink in Italy
Pooley holds lead after fourth stage
Pooley takes lead in Giro
Pooley third overall in Giro Donne
Pooley wins Grande Boucle Feminine
Emma Pooley: Rider Profile