Tuft wins Denmark TT as Fuglsang moves into lead
Svein Tuft wins, Tour of Denmark 2010, stage 5 TT
Svein Tuft (Garmin-Transitions) won Saturday's stage five time trial in the Tour of Denmark, adding to his team's overall win in the Tour of Poland with Daniel Martin on the same day.
Tuft narrowly beat Richie Porte (Saxo Bank) in the 19.4km test against the clock on Saturday afternoon in Middelfart - in the morning the riders had navigated a short road stage, won by HTC-Columbia's Mark Renshaw.
Tour of Denmark 2008 and 2009 champion Jakob Fuglsang (Saxo Bank) placed third on the stage, taking over the race lead - the Dane now looks set to win the race for the third conecutive year. Tuft's TT win ups him to second overall, 27 seconds adrift of Fuglsang.
One notable performance was that of young New Zealand RadioShack stagiaire Jesse Sergent, who put in a solid ride to finish eighth on the stage.
The 2010 Tour of Denmark concludes on Sunday with a 185km stage from Høng to Rudersdal.
Tour of Denmark 2010, stage five TT: Middelfart, 19.4km
1. Svein Tuft (Can) Garmin-Transitions in 23-20
2. Richie Porte (Aus) Saxo Bank at same time
3. Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Saxo Bank at 4 secs
4. Lieuwe Westra (Ned) Vacansoleil at 15 secs
5. Hayden Roulston (NZl) HTC-Columbia at 38 secs
Overall classification after stage five
1. Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Saxo Bank in 15-00-19
2. Svein Tuft (Can) Garmin-Transitions at 27 secs
3. Matthew Busche (USA) Radioshack at 1-35
4. Martin Mortensen (Den) Vacansoleil at 1-38
5. Rasmus Guldhammer (Den) HTC-Columbia at 1-45
Stage winner Svein Tuft
Jakob Figlsang looks set to win his third Tour of Denmark