Swift wins second stage of Tour of Poland
Ben Swift, Tour of Britain 2011, stage two (cancelled)
Sky's purple patch continues with a bunch sprint stage win for Ben Swift at the Tour of Poland on Wednesday.
Swift firmly put the disappointment of non-selection for the British Olympic squad behind him by dominating the gallop to the line in Opole on stage two.
British national road race champion Ian Stannard paced Swift past Theo Bos's Rabobank train and up to the front of the peloton into the final corner. Mat Hayman then took over, and swung off in the final 500 metres.
For a moment it looked like Swift had been left to his own devices too early, but he opened up his sprint and easily out-paced Liquigas's Elia Viviani and Omega Pharma's Tom Boonen to take the victory.
Stage one winner Moreno Moser (Liquigas-Cannondale) leads the race overall.
Swift's win is further cause for celebration for the Sky team this week after three stage wins at the Tour de France and Bradley Wiggins current position in the yellow jersey.
The seven-stage WorldTour-ranked Tour of Poland concludes on Monday in Kraków.
Tour of Poland 2012, stage two: Walbrzych to Opole, 239.4km
1. Ben Swift (GBr) Sky in 5-49-57
2. Elia Viviani (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale
3. Tom Boonen (Bel) Omega Pharma-QuickStep
4. John Degenkolb (Ger) Argos-Shimano
5. Sacha Moldolo (Ita) Colnago-CSF all same time
Overall classification after stage two
1. Moreno Moser (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale in 10-22-40
2. Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-QuickStep at 4 secs
3. Lars Boom (Ned) Rabobank at 6 secs
4. Fabian Wegmann (Ger) Garmin-Sharp at 10 secs
5. Linus Gerdemann (Ger) RadioShack-Nissan at same time
6. Manuele Mori (Ita) Lampre-ISD at same time
7. Sergo Henao (Col) Sky at same time
8. Alexandr Kolobnev (Rus) Katusha at same time