Pooley takes charge of Tour de l'Ardeche after stage three win
Emma Pooley finishes, London 2012 Olympics, women's road race
British rider Emma Pooley won stage three of the Tour de l'Ardeche in France on Wednesday afternoon to move into the overall lead of the race.
Defending 2011 Tour de l'Ardeche champion Pooley's solo win in the afternoon's 91.7km road stage came after she placed second in the morning's short individual time trial.
The AA Drink-leontien.nl rider now heads up the general classification, one minute and 29 seconds clear of second-placed Ashley Moolman (Lotto Belisol), who won the morning's TT. American Kristin McGrath (USA National team) is third overall at 1-36.
British national road race champion Sharon Laws (AA Drink-leontien.nl) is 12th overall, 2-14 adrift of Pooley.
Three stages of the race remain, kicking off with today's (Thursday) hilly trip from St Sauveur de Montagut to Cruas. The UCI 2.2-ranked race concludes on Saturday, September 8.
Tour de l'Ardeche 2012
Overall classification after stage three
1. Emma Pooley (GBr) AA Drink-leontien.nl
2. Ashley Moolman (RSA) Lotto-Belisol at 1-29
3. Kristin McGrath (USA) USA at 1-36
4. Taylor Wiles (USA) USA at 1-41
5. Rachel Neylan (Aus) Mixed Team 1 at 1-46
6. Leah Kirchmann (Can) Canada at 1-55
7. Noemi Cantele (Ita) BePink at 1-59
8. Oxana Kozonchuk (Rus) BePink at 2-00
9. Karol-Ann Canuel (Can) Vienne-Futuroscope at 2-06
Petra Dijkman (Ned) Mixed Team 1 at 2-12
12. Sharon Laws (GBr) AA Drink-leontien.nl at 2-14