British-based cycle clothing company Rapha has brought together an impressive array of cycling items and memorabilia for its Bordeaux-Paris 2013 Challenge auction, kicking off this evening at 8pm.
The 41 lots on offer include famous race jerseys, bikes and various riding experiences, including:
- Omega Pharma jersey signed and dedicated to the owner by Mark Cavendish.
- Ryder Hesjedal’s 2012 Maglia Rosa.
- Andy Hampsten’s white jersey from the 1986 Tour de France (complete with the foie gras stain sustained during a food fight between Hampsten’s La Vie Claire teammates).
- Sir Bradley Wiggins’ Team Sky jerseys.
- David Millar’s Cervelo S3 from 2011.
- Passoni custom frameset created exclusively for the Rapha Continental.
- The chance to join Team Sky for a two-day training camp in Majorca.
- A ride with David Millar in Girona.
- Prints by renowned photographers Nadav Kander and Ben Ingham.
- A bespoke suit fitting with tailor Timothy Everest.
- A host of exclusive Rapha products, including one-offs and concept pieces.
All proceeds from the auction will go towards the Ambitious about Autism charity, which is close to Rapha founder Simon Mottram’s heart as his son Oscar has autism. Rapha hopes to raise £250,000 for the charity.
The full list of items up for auction and more detail can be found on the Rapha Bordeaux-Paris Challenge auction web page. The auction will be held on eBay from 8pm on Tuesday, September 10, until 9pm on Tuesday, September 17 2013.